Gooberzilla's Greatest Blog EVER!

FEAR THE GOOBERZILLA! Home of the Greatest Movie EVER! Podcast. And the Worst Movie EVER! Podcast, too. A blog devoted to reviewing only the finest films ever made. And robots. Lots of robots. Robot alligators from Jupiter, bent on enslaving the human race and forcing us to service their fiendish, cybernetic dentures, since they themselves have lost this wondrous technology... Also, various and sundry shenanigans.

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

We fight for Love.


The long-promised Commando podcast is finally here, and Commando is the Greatest GREATEST Movie EVER. Featuring Daryl Surat from AnimeWorldOrder, and Dave and Joel from Fast Karate for the Gentleman, this podcast clocks in at just under forty-six and a half minutes, making it the longest podcast yet. But that's only because it was nigh-impossible to curb Daryl's enthusiasm for Arnold's rippling man-muscles.

Arnold-as-Civilian...

Arnold-as-Commando...

I think I see a pattern here.

7 Minutes, 28 Seconds In:
Double-Billing!
Bill Paxton.

Bill Duke.


30 Minutes, 1 Second In:

Invoking his power as the avatar of Raoh, King of Fists, Daryl lays some nerd-slap down upon the Almighty Gooberzilla. But fear not, intrepid listeners. A later slip involving other popular eighties movies allows me to regain face.

38 Minutes, 16 Seconds In:
Why Vernon Wells deserves an Academy Award:




Ah, it's good to be alive.

14 Comments:

At 1:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to listen to this...should be EPIC.

~Kamon

 
At 12:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Take a cat nap!"

Pure brilliance all around.

 
At 1:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pure magic..

So, when you gonna do 'The Omega Man'? c'mon, you gotta. I have to know if others think it somehow manages to feel like an ABC 'movie of the week' despite it's large-ish budget...I think it's the presence of Anthony Zerbe....

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger Gooberzilla said...

Omega Man has arrived from Netflix, Steve, but I'm working with a bit of a back-log. I still have to edit Resident Evil: Apocalypse and attempt to re-record The Human Tornado, for example.

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger Erwin Rosales said...

Wow, this was like the best Thanksgiving present ever :D .
It was truly great.
This was like opening the Pandora Box from all the Podcast in the World.

 
At 10:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In particular, cinéastes have labelled the "Sully sequence" (from when Matrix arrives at the airport with Sully until when he "lets him go") a masterpiece of sustained tension nonetheless leavened with humor.

THANK YOU, WIKIPEDIA!

 
At 5:03 PM, Blogger Keith said...

Commando...it makes me weep for joy. If you sit down and watch this, Big Trouble in Little China, and Streets of Fire...well, mister, that's a darn fine night.

 
At 5:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This was an epic podcast, one for the ages. There must be more of these in the future; it's like a Superfriends of podcasting.

 
At 12:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Commando was the first rated R movie I ever got to see in the theater. My soccer coach took our entire 6th grade team to go see it. I remember thinking that I was going to get in trouble when my Mom found out. :) I haven't seen this movie in years, but I'll have to rent it soon since this show brought back so many good memories.

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger Daryl Surat said...

Be warned, Internet. I can be summoned back here at any moment.

Though I think it'd be best for all parties involved if the first thing we reconvened to discuss was Mark L. Lester's second greatest contribution to humanity, Showdown in Little Tokyo.

One does not simply dive headfirst into rock and roll fables.

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger Gooberzilla said...

Damn you, Daryl and Dave, STOP READING MY MIND!!!

But seriously, I've got Showdown in Little Tokyo sitting next to me right now, and I was planning on Mom-casting Streets of Fire, but after Dave's most recent assertion, I'm glad I didn't do that yet. I value the structural integrity of my beautiful man-face.

 
At 1:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wait wait wait..

*I* need to be in on that Streets of Fire 'cast. I've been singing the praises of that film for YEARS, and pointing out to endless people how important it is in the formation of '80s anime. Everyone gets the Megazone 23 appearence, and many see the BGC connection, but I've yet to meet anyone who independently sees the influence in Zillion...

And I can't wait for the Omega Man 'cast. Seriously. Watch for the really bad wire during the 'chuck the spear' bit at the end.

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger Keith said...

Sorry, this is a little after the fact, but how does Commando size up against Commando?

Commando

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger Ian said...

This is a fantastic podcast. I enjoy all 3 of these shows regularly but the combo package is great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home