Gooberzilla's Greatest Blog EVER!

FEAR THE GOOBERZILLA! Home of the Greatest Movie EVER! Podcast. And the Worst Movie EVER! Podcast, too. A blog devoted to reviewing only the finest films ever made. And robots. Lots of robots. Robot alligators from Jupiter, bent on enslaving the human race and forcing us to service their fiendish, cybernetic dentures, since they themselves have lost this wondrous technology... Also, various and sundry shenanigans.

Monday, December 11, 2006

No Love for Nemmy?


We're (un)dead serious when we say that Resident Evil: Apocalypse is the Worst Movie EVER. I guess our chief criticism is the movie tries to be like the game, and it fails. This wouldn't be as much of a problem if the game wasn't so silly in the first place...

6 Minutes, 31 Seconds In:

In think Isaac Newton himself said it was physically impossible to bungee-jump out of a helicopter while dual-wielding Berettas...

7 Minutes, 10 Seconds In:

Milla loves her machine-pistols.

8 Minutes, 42 Seconds In:

The lonely death of Nikolai.

21 Minutes, 5 Seconds In:

Nemmy need hug?

COMING SOON!

A huge snake...but NOT also poisonous.

5 Comments:

At 12:49 PM, Blogger Armando said...

My reaction to Apocalypse was, "Man I sure wish I hated this movie, because it's horrible."

And yet, to this day, if someone called me and asked if I wanted to come over and watch Resident Evil: Apocalypse AND Chronicles of Riddick, I'd be there. AND I'D BE PROUD!

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger Gooberzilla said...

I must admit, battlemonkey, that as much as I loathe CoR and RE:A, if a similar invitation were offered to me, I'd be there, too. Although I would probably hate myself in the morning.

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger theknoxinator said...

Hats off to you Gooberzilla. After hearing many good things about your podcast from the fine folks at AWO, I have listened to all your shows so far and have loved each one.

My sentiments over the two RE movies are pretty much the same as yours. I have played most of the games, and I really enjoy the series, even through all the discontinuity of the stories. So, in my mind, both movies really stray away from what makes the games good.

However, at least with the first movie, you got the same feeling of "survival-horror" that the games present. The first movie is most like RE2, which was the best one on the original Playstation. RE:A tries very hard to be like RE3 but completely screws up everything. I don't even have to say what they messed with, since you guys pretty much covered everything. But overall, I can still watch most of RE:A without cringing... up until the Nemesis/Alice hand-to-hand fight... that was just retarded.

I guess we'll just have to see how much the next movie screws up the series. And when it does, I'll be here to listen to your rantings about it.

P.S. The worst inaccuracy the movie made was the whole inventor of the T-virus. But it's not surprising since the games can't seem to figure out who invented it either... Just makes you wish that the RE series had a guy like Kojima behind it.

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger Keith said...

I assumed that this movie wasn't so much written as it was assembled by a gang of 13-year-olds using the system of, "Dude, you know what would be awesome? If she, like, jumped a motorcycle through, like, a church window!"

My dvd collection is thousands of titles large. I do not own Citizen Kane. I do not own The Godfather. But I do own Chronicles and RE:A.

 
At 1:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't seen this movie, but Gooberzilla always talks about it, so it's kind of like I have.

It has Mila Jovovich, how bad could it possibly be? She's in the category of actors along with Bill Paxton and David Carradine, where no film with them in it could possibly be 100% terrible.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home